June 15th supported ride

General discussion about the Victoria Wheelers

Moderator:vicwheelers

Joe Gard
June 15th supported ride

Post by Joe Gard » Mon May 20, 2013 5:38 am

Who's in for the June 15 supported ride? You need to let us know as we need to plan according to how many riders. The route is over the Malahat, through Mill Bay, Telegraph Rd, Cherry Point, Cowichan Bay, Maple Bay, Herd Rd, and into Duncan and the back roads to Cobble Hill and Shawnigan, climb up to Malahat, and back home via Goldstream Ave. This is a very scenic ride with lots of quiet roads (Malahat excluded of course) and good peeps to ride with. Wheelers members do this supported ride for free. Non-members will have a nominal charge of maybe $20 for the support. You can put a backpack or whatever you want in the vehicle and there will be bars, gels, water, etc, spare tires/tubes although you should bring your own tube anyhow especially if you have deep dish wheels. This is not a race but a supported ride. You should have pretty good fitness to do this as it's a long ride...150 - 170 kms depending where you start from.

trevor

Re: June 15th supported ride

Post by trevor » Tue May 21, 2013 9:59 am

I'd love to Joe but that's the same day asd the Test. I'll be in Squamish hurting myself. I'm in for Hurrican and the Vic to Cow in August.
Thanks for organizing these!

Dean W.

Post by Dean W. » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:04 pm

Just finished the Wheelers Supported ride. Computer said 169k at the end. Absolutely amazing day of riding. Great weather, great scenery and great people. I want to say thank you very much to Joe and Kim Gard for organizing the whole ride. You did a great job and everyone had a great time! Also thanks to Dave for driving the support van.
Now where did I put the Ibuprofen?

jumelage
Your Ride:Stevens Aspin
Favourite Ride Style:Road

Post by jumelage » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:49 pm

Completely agree with Dean: wonderful ride and thanks Joe and Kim!!