Local Cyclist Running for Board of Cycling BC

General discussion about the Victoria Wheelers

Moderator:vicwheelers

trevor
Local Cyclist Running for Board of Cycling BC

Post by trevor » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:54 am

All around nice guy Craig Bosenberg from Tripleshot has put his name in the hat for election to the board of Cycling BC. Although he is not a Wheeler he is local and awesome. As the Wheelers do not have someone in the running there is not a conflict of interest. Personally I believe having an Island voice is critical and I applaud Craig for representing us in his attempt to make a difference.

Craig's words:
"As some of you may be aware, I have thrown my hat into the ring for election to the board of Cycling BC.

This decision was prompted by my belief that our local clubs should have some representation on the Board of Cycling BC and the fact that no one else seemed inclined to do it.

I think its important that this organization grows and and helps develop the sport in the Province. I would like it to be a world class organization producing world class athletes whilst supporting clubs like our own in promoting the sport in the Province.

I freely admit to being a "noob" with very limited experience in the cycling community and politics, but I have some organizational and political experience and Im (hopefully) a quick study, and can help influence the organization if elected.

Please consider voting for me when you receive the polling information from Cycling BC. If you dont want to vote for me, please vote for someone else! For any organization, the strength of its Board and how it expresses the will of its members is a function of the engagement of its membership."

To vote, which closes Tuesday, June 13, click https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/JZKTMMH.

marc
Your Ride:Norco Tactic
Favourite Ride Style:Road

Re: Local Cyclist Running for Board of Cycling BC

Post by marc » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:34 am

Thanks for posting that Trevor - Craig is an incredibly nice guy and having someone from the island to would be fantastic.

Bosie
Your Ride:Cannondale Super Six Evo
Favourite Ride Style:Road

Re: Local Cyclist Running for Board of Cycling BC

Post by Bosie » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:53 pm

Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much for the support and very kind words. With the Wheelers and Tripleshot votes, I was successful in getting onto the Board. (I actually received more votes than anyone else). Thanks again to everyone who voted.

If you have any pressing issues that you feel should be brought to Cycling BCs attention, or you have opinions on Cycling BCs future direction, please feel free to contact me at: craigbosenberg<at>gmail<dot>com. Or track me down on a ride and bend my ear. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks again.

Craig Bosenberg

PS: I am actually a Wheeler (I carry two memberships) , and credit Joe, Kim and the Wheelers with getting me and my family started in this wonderful sport. :D