OBB-WHEELERS SATURDAY RIDE REPORT

Share your ride and race stories, stats, and fabrications here!

Moderator:vicwheelers

Vegan Dave
Re: OBB-WHEELERS SATURDAY RIDE REPORT

Post by Vegan Dave » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:11 pm

Caught in the congestion of the pack today...just needed another meter and i would have had ya, Jon!

Great workout today, thanks to all pushing the pace!! =)

trevor

Post by trevor » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:24 am

Man, that sounds like a call out Jon. Whatchagonnadoaboutit

Tom

Post by Tom » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:53 pm

I think Alex took the win yesterday... so he did win even though he spent 5 hours at the track!

JonB
Your Ride:A Dragon
Favourite Ride Style:Dragon style

Post by JonB » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:06 pm

Upon inspection of the finish line footage, the win from last Saturday's OBB Wheelers ride goes to Alex Hui from pro city. Revised results are as follows:
1. Alex "I spent 5 hrs at the track and killed you guys out there today" Hui
2. Scotty "my victory streak is over" Martin
3. Tom "if only we were on dirt" Skinner
4. IRC Tony
5. Jon B.

Just so everyone knows this is fair, I've posted the finish line photo below. The results are clear, Alex got the win. Note also that Vegan Dave isn't in the photo, because he didn't come anywhere close to beating me. Hey, pictures don't lie. Just sayin.
Attachments
Picture2.jpg
finish sprint
Picture2.jpg (21.01KiB)Viewed 3830 times

trevor

Post by trevor » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:53 am

Another example of how blessed we are to ride along side such an esteemed and concise reporter in Jon Benskin.

Vegan Dave

Post by Vegan Dave » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:48 pm

Oh boy... =PppPpPpPp

JonB

Post by JonB » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:49 pm

OBB Wheelers Saturday ride report April 6, 2013 (Paris Roubaix edition)
There are two international cycling events on the April 6-7 weekend. The first (and more prestigious of the two) is the OBB Wheelers group ride. The second is Barry's Roubaix, in Vancouver. Most riders focus their efforts on the former, a few try to pull the double header. Those riders not selected by their teams to participate in either event are forced to travel to France to race a lesser known 'c' event, "Paris Roubaix", for training purposes.

Sunny skies with relatively dry roads were a surprise based on early whether forecasts. Leaving Swartz bay, the Peleton had whittled down to a select group of 20 riders or so. TRT was well represented by Richie, Canning, and Rathwell, while OBB-Wheelers placed chopper Dan, JonB, and Scotty in the lead group. Turning onto airport road, a vicious crosswind strung out the Peleton. As gaps started to emerge, John Rogers, JonB and vegan Dave upped the pace at the front, and riders started to pop off the back. By the start of panorama, the group had whittled down to ~5 riders: John r and jonB, TSkin, Craig Richey, and Chopper Dan. Further back, vegan Dave was chasing along with one other rider, and further back still was Cody, who was caught out in the cross wind. Up Panorama, the first group extended their lead as the remainder of the Peleton tried to regroup to organize the chase. Amazingly, Cody managed to bridge all the way up from the 3rd group to latch on by the decent. The lead 6 put more time on the Peleton through central saanich, and it looked almost certain that the winner would come from this group. The pace must have been too much for Craig though, as he was dropped coming onto interurban, which left tskin, chopper dan, jonb, cody, and john r. The final sprint was lead out by TSkin, but it was Cody who jumped first and unleashed his signature come from behind sprint to take the win. This was followed by John Rogers, jonB, chopper Dan, and TSkin.

Results:
1. Cody canning (TRT)
2. John Rogers (pro city)
3. JonB (OBB-wheelers)
4. Chopper Dan (OBB-Wheelers)
5. TSkin (OBB-wheelers)

Tom

Post by Tom » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:22 pm

Congratulations to Cody 'sit on and don't take a fucking pull' Canning.

Extra props for doing the whole ride while listening to Shakira on his iPod.

JonB

Post by JonB » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:26 pm

Upon further review, The Judges have fined Cody Canning of the trek red truck racing team 60 Swiss francs and relegated him to the back of the bunch sprint for the following rule violations:

UCI Rule 1.2.5: no rider shall suck wheels from panorama all the way to interurban and then contend the bunch sprint.

UCI Rule 1.6.9: no rider shall listen to shakira.

Official results are now as follows:

1. John Rogers
2. Jon B
3. Chopper Dan
4. TSkin
5. Cody Canning (relegated)

-the UCI

Vegan Dave

Post by Vegan Dave » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:52 pm

Harsh judges! haha.. Thanks for the report - John was too much for me to hang onto...and by Stelly's my bottle cage bolt fell out and i hate to fiddle with it and dropped from the chase, tho i had little left in the tank by then...good riding, looks like a damp one for tomorrow!