Comox Road Race

Share your ride and race stories, stats, and fabrications here!

Moderator: vicwheelers

Tom

Comox Road Race

Post by Tom » Mon May 06, 2013 10:01 pm

I think I was put in charge of writing this race report, or maybe I volunteered, but since it's not up yet I thought I would humour you all in point form... it's late and I want to go to bed.

Here's what we did on Sunday:

- Drove to comox with Jon, Chopper Dan, Alex and myself (Tom)
- Made a great peanut butter and banana sandwich on the way up (#3 highlight of the day)
- Got to Comox and put on some SPF 50
- Jon attacked right from the gun, then after he was caught, he rested a bit and attacked again with some other guys on the third of eight laps.
- Chopper Dan and I attacked the rest of the group with one lap to go after dicking around for seven whole laps, and we stayed away.
- Jon outsprinted the dude he was with for the win.
- I led out Chopper Dan in the sprint for third after picking up some stragglers on the last lap, so he took the last podium spot, and I finished fifth.
- We did a victory dance by the truck in our undies and then drove back home, stopping at DQ in Parksville (#1 highlight of the day (#2 being winning the race)).
- Team organizer/director/rider Jenny made us spaghetti and had beers waiting for us at home when we arrived. Now that I just remembered to include this in the race report, the dinner was definitely the #1 highlight of the day. It was a good one for sure.

Here are some clips from Jon Benskin's post race interview: http://youtu.be/pipTwjwrQYQ?t=1m19s

JonB
Your Ride: A Dragon
Favourite Ride Style: Dragon style

Re: Comox Road Race

Post by JonB » Mon May 06, 2013 10:38 pm

BAHAHAHA!!! Oh man, that was way better than my report.

chopperdan

Post by chopperdan » Tue May 07, 2013 12:25 pm

Great report Tom! To the point, very accurate and Jons post race interview was as always very modest :lol:

jenny

Post by jenny » Tue May 07, 2013 1:44 pm

trevor

Post by trevor » Tue May 07, 2013 2:09 pm

Mwah!

"WINNING!!"

So sorry i couldn't make this one work. You guys are beasts. Maybe that prize money you raked in could pay for a few jugs of soda for the team.

Trevor