Island Cup XC #2-Parksville

Share your ride and race stories, stats, and fabrications here!

Moderator:vicwheelers

JonB
Your Ride:A Dragon
Favourite Ride Style:Dragon style
Island Cup XC #2-Parksville

Post by JonB » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:16 pm

This post is by Karen. As you'll see, it is way too PC to have possibly been written by me.

Island Cup XC #2: HammerFest
The second Island Cup mountain bike race hosted by Arrowsmith Mountain Bike Club (AMBC) took place in Parksville on March 23rd. For those of you haven’t ridden around this area, this is one of the funnest island cups on the circuit. The sun was out and the trails were in great shape, which made for a tolerable climb on single track for the first half lap and awesome fast and flowy trails for the second half.

OBB-Wheelers were well represented with Katie Duncan-Rabien in beginner women, Karen Fedoruk in intermediate women, Tom Skinner racing in Expert Men and ex-H&R block rider and newly minted Wheeler Dave Jetz racing the intermediate men’s race.

Tom rode a conservative race with Justin Mark for the first lap, and then dropped him in the second lap to ride away for the win in the expert men’s division. Dave took the final spot on the podium in the hotly contested intermediate men’s race with only 30 seconds separating the top 3. In the women’s race, Karen won the intermediate division and Katie finished 4th in the beginner category. With 4 Wheelers in the top 4 in their respective categories, it was a hugely successful day for the team.

Big thanks to AMBC for a great post race spread and to those who tended to the camp fire. Next stop is Cobble Hill. Bring your climbing legs!
Last edited by JonB on Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JonB
Your Ride:A Dragon
Favourite Ride Style:Dragon style

Re: Island Cup XC #2-Parksville

Post by JonB » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:19 pm

All I'll say about this is that if I hadn't been crushing souls in the road race on sunday...well...let's just say Tom would have had to settle for one step lower on the podium.

Tom

Re: Island Cup XC #2-Parksville

Post by Tom » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:37 am

I can't get enough of the Ron Benskin trash talking! It fuels me to crush souls like they were Billy Ray Cyrus' dreams for his daughter.