Apr22 Caleb VCL

Share your ride and race stories, stats, and fabrications here!

Moderator:vicwheelers

trevor
Apr22 Caleb VCL

Post by trevor » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:05 pm

A bunch of guys out for a strong showing in the A race. The first 8 laps were fast and hard with several Wheelers in every move. Nothing was sticking until RH Curtis accelerated (yet again) with ARuss jumping on. Geoff valiantly bridged only to miss their wheel by a few meters. With a happy composition favouring the blue and yellow we settled in to a pace waiting for PCR and Broad Street to get organized. The gap was at 10 seconds for a long time but it was clear the whittled pack had no jam left to do the deed. We got organized for a strong finish but on 3 to go RH Danick, being outnumbered, accelerated through the finishing area taking Geoff over the crest. I bridged and the 3 of us were going good. With one to go we were joined by Ride Gradient Nick and the 4 of us entered bell lap together. Danick rolled over the final kicker on the bottom half of the course and with Nick not going with him Geoff and Danick were gaining space on me. I gambled that Nick would dig us back (I shoulda just gone) and when it became clear it wasn't happening I took his lead out and sprinted well for 5th.
ARuss stayed clear and finished 2nd and gets the VW Hardest Man of the Race Award, Geoff 4th, me 5th, and Eugene 7th.
All in all another strong showing for the team.
Well done guys.

ghomer
Your Ride:Scott Foil 10
Favourite Ride Style:CX

Re: Apr22 Caleb VCL

Post by ghomer » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:56 am

How'd the Bs go?

Seriously impressive performance from everyone yesterday. It was a thing of beauty.