Race the Ridge BC RR Championships

Share your ride and race stories, stats, and fabrications here!

Moderator:vicwheelers

trevor
Race the Ridge BC RR Championships

Post by trevor » Sat May 30, 2015 7:32 pm

Great day over in Hatzic on the mainland.
I raced the cat3/junior race. 4 laps for 75k. There was some good climbing that separated the strong from the weak. Overall the bike handling was pretty poor with several close calls throughout my race. This culminated in a heinous crash at the finish line that I narrowly missed. Not sure exactly where I finished but I'm pretty sure it was close to a top 5 in the cat3s.
Mick and Eugene raced the masters race which started 2 minutes behind me. Sadly their spring was clearly effected by our crash and there were rumours after the race that the championships would be held at a later date due to the neutralized ending. I think Mick was in a photo for 1/2. Good on him.
ARuss and a Geoff raced the cat1/2, 7 laps for around 130k. They played the race well and were in the ever deteriorating bunch until the last climb. The combination of a few too many attacks and the heat took it's tool on ARuss. Geoff stayed with the bunch and drilled the closing kms in order to keep the chasers away. A group of 3 was off the front and Geoff led his group to the line having accomplished keeping his bunch safe and nailing a top 10. Atta guy.
More details to come. Check the OBB site in the coming days for the report.
Well done guys.

marcel
Your Ride:norco
Favourite Ride Style:road

Re: Race the Ridge BC RR Championships

Post by marcel » Sun May 31, 2015 6:31 am

Great job all around guys. Proud day to be a Wheeler!

stephane
Your Ride:Norco tactic
Favourite Ride Style:Gangnam

Post by stephane » Sun May 31, 2015 8:54 am

Awesome!

aruss
Your Ride:bikes
Favourite Ride Style:road, cx

Post by aruss » Sun May 31, 2015 7:25 pm

Trev, you forgot to mention your role as Santa...

As we approached the climb for the fifth time I was nearing empty on the hydration situation and feeling parched. I didn't think Trev would be able to get over there in time after just finishing, but I was elated to see him yelling "Wheeler Bottles!" After perfect-o hand-offs to both Geoff and I, I remember saying "Clutch" as my hand clasped the bottle, that as far as I was concerned was filled with gold.

Great course and great times.